Submit an Application
How to Apply
Typically, the Foundation only supports organizations through which we have an established relationship. However, qualified organizations which meet our grant making guidelines are invited to submit a one-page letter of inquiry. After review of your inquiry, you will be notified if we believe that your organization is a good match for funding from the Foundation. Initial interest from the Foundation does not indicate that you will be invited to apply for funding.
Letter of Inquiry - Required Information
1. One page on organization letterhead (minimum 11 point font & 1 inch margins)
2. Organization Name/Mission
3. Amount Requested
4. Purpose of the Grant
5. Geographic region served
6. Must be signed by the CEO/Executive Director or Board Chairman of the organization
7. Contact Information (include email of CEO)
8. Attach a one page list of organization’s governing board including professional affiliations
9. Attach a copy of your organizations most recent IRS determination letter
* please do not send supplementary materials with your inquiry
If your letter of inquiry is approved, then you will be invited to submit a full grant application. A formal grant application will be sent to the CEO of your organization via email. Please do not contact the Foundation regarding the status of your application.
Letters of inquiry are accepted throughout the year but are reviewed by the Board in March, June, September and December. Letters of inquiry and full grant proposals (if invited) must be received by the 10th of the month prior to the upcoming meeting month in order to be reviewed. Requests not received by that date will be considered at the next quarterly board meeting.
Where to Send
You may mail your letter of inquiry to:
Philip L. Van Every Foundation
Post Office Box 32368
Charlotte, NC 28232-2368